Have you experienced Mardi Gras in North Alabama yet? While New Orleans (and Mobile, Alabama) may be the first city that comes to mind when thinking about Mardi Gras, Huntsville and Decatur, Alabama have their unique charm and traditions to mark this annual carnival season. From indulging in delicious Cajun cuisine to partaking in lively parades, here are six exciting ways to celebrate Mardi Gras in North Alabama.
1. Mardi Gras at MidCity
The Official 2024 Mardi Gras at MidCity promises a lively celebration from February 2nd to 13th at The Camp. Attendees can reserve a VIP Mardi Gras experience by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, which includes a two-hour session with a server, heated and private space, Zapp’s chips, and Mardi Gras beads for the group. Walk-ins are also welcome.
The music lineup features various acts, including:
- February 2nd: Krewe LaLa at 6 pm, followed by Calhoun Community College Show Band and The Matt Leder Quartet at 7 pm.
- February 3rd: Drag Brunch with Drag Queen Mafia at 12 pm and Jackson Stokes at 7 pm.
- February 9th: Young Fellaz Brass Band all day, The Violet Femmes at 6 pm, and Kazee Taylor at 7 pm.
- February 10th: Young Fellaz Brass Band all day, The Fixin’s at 1 pm, and Cha Wa at 7:30 pm.
- February 11th: Young Fellaz Brass Band at 12:30 pm, brunch from 2-5 pm, and the Paw Parade at 11:30 am.
- February 13th (Fat Tuesday): Flow Tribe at 7:45 pm.
Additional events at The Camp include Mardi Gras Drag Brunch, Trivia with Dan the Host, and Mardi Gras Celebration with live music by Flow Tribe and Young Fellaz Brass Band on Fat Tuesday.
2. Mardi Gras Parade in Downtown Huntsville
Join the vibrant celebration at the 10th Annual Mardi Gras Parade in Downtown Huntsville on February 10th, kicking off at 3:30 pm. This lively event promises a colorful spectacle with dazzling floats, lively music, and an enthusiastic atmosphere.
Not only is it an opportunity to revel in the festive Mardi Gras spirit, but the parade also serves a noble cause by benefiting the Blount Hospitality House. Attendees can enjoy the lively atmosphere while supporting the charitable efforts of the Blount Hospitality House.
Bring your friends and family to Downtown Huntsville for an afternoon of Mardi Gras fun, community spirit, and a chance to contribute to a worthy cause at the 10th Annual Mardi Gras Parade.
3. Cajun Steamer 2024 Mardi Gras Celebration
Cajun Steamer invites you to the ultimate Mardi Gras celebration on February 13th, promising a day filled with excitement. Throughout the day, indulge in a range of specials, giveaways, and more at the best Mardi Gras celebration in town.
Highlights of the event include:
- $5 Hurricanes
- $3 Fireball Shots
- $1 OFF Abita Drafts
- Happy Hour food & drink specials available all day
The festivities will be accompanied by live music featuring Jamie Guffey from 4 pm to 9 pm. Get ready to don your Mardi Party pants and join the revelry on FAT TUESDAY at Cajun Steamer for an unforgettable celebration.
4. Mardi Gras and Super Bowl Watch Party
Get ready for a dynamic fusion of Mardi Gras excitement and Super Bowl action at the event presented by RocketCity.ONE in collaboration with Host & Ghost Commissary Kitchen. Taking place on February 11, 2024, at 3 pm, this free-entry event promises a fantastic experience for all.
Key features include:
- Food trucks serving delectable seafood and king cake
- A big screen for an immersive Super Bowl watch party
- A poker table for those feeling lucky
- Indoor and outdoor spaces for a versatile experience
- Family-friendly atmosphere
- B.Y.O.B (Bring Your Own Beverage) policy
Whether you’re a Mardi Gras enthusiast or a football fan, this event at 115 Wholesale Ave, Huntsville, AL 35811, provides a perfect blend of festivities. Join in the celebration with friends and family for an unforgettable Mardi Gras and Super Bowl watch party experience.
5. Fat Tuesday Comedy Tour at Shenanigans Comedy Theatre
Experience an evening of laughter and Mardi Gras revelry at the Fat Tuesday Comedy Tour on Saturday, February 10, 2024, from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm at Shenanigans Comedy Theatre. This rated R comedy event features three jesters from New Orleans who will bring the house down with humor and Mardi Gras spirit for one night only. Join the tour through Huntsville for an unforgettable night of comedy. Tickets available at huntsvillelaughs.com.
6. The Carnegie Carnival Parade in Downtown Decatur, Alabama
The Carnegie Carnival season culminates on parade day with a full slate of family-friendly events all along Downtown Decatur’s parade route. A half marathon, children’s art activities, Children’s Parade, Canine parade, MardiGrass, and of course, the main event… the Carnegie Carnival Parade complete with Crewes, throws, music, and more! Speaking of throws, we’ve even created a bead recycling program to help with cleanup!
The Carnival parade route begins on Bank Street, at Founder’s Park near the Old State Bank, and continues on Lee Street to 2nd Avenue ending at Grant Street.